- Raised three sons in CT and Woodstock, VT., where they attended elementary and high school, before heading off to colleges in ME, NH, CA and HI.
- Have lived in Woodstock for > 15 years.
- Retired Nurse Practitioner, after more than 40 years of practice in Nursing.
- Practiced as a Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice Nurse in General Surgery and Vascular Disease at Yale New Haven Hospital, and General Surgery, General Internal Medicine and Cardiology at DHMC.
- Volunteered at many free health care clinics, in CA, VT and NH. Active with Good Neighbor Health Clinic Medical Advisory Board.
- Taught at Yale University School of Nursing, Colby-Sawyer College, and retired in 2012 following a Deanship at Hartnell College in Salinas CA.
- Published and continues to write professional articles and book chapters. Has written and received grants for innovative programs in Nursing and Allied Health.
- Active with Sustainable Woodstock and East End Gardening.
- Most enjoys time with family and friends, gardening, travel, reading, arts, hiking Appalachian Trail, and Yoga.